Thursday night is just around the corner. We had a lot of fun at our first session and now its time to kick things into gear ! I always think its kind of fun .... and a little heartbreaking to start the early sessions of our Thursday tying flies we probably wont see for another couple months. So in keeping with tradition we've got the Blue Winged Olive on the table for our first featured bug. In particular The Davie Mcphail Sparse CDC Dun. This a sexy little pattern of which I've had some luck with. Very straightforward and easy to fill the fly box. You will need:
1. UNI thread 8/0 in olive or Veevus D25 in 10/0
2. Your favorite Standard/Standard dryfly hook in size 14 to 22
3. CDL, (in grey) or grizzly saddle hacke
4. Goose biot in olive or light olive
5. CDC in olive, light olive or grey
6. Olive micro fine dry fly dubbing
This is a killer pattern to have in your arsenal especially for picky eaters ! Come on down and lets get some tied up. doors open at 6 and we will tie until they're done. Oh yea, and here is the vid on this sweet fly if you feel like making a couple runs at it.